Saturday, March 18, 2006

Why Me? Shouldn't It Be Him?

"We will not always have a smooth, ready answer to the question, 'Why me? Why now? Why this?'—for as Moroni observed, "Ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.” – Elder Neal A. Maxwell
There lay a pronghorn right in full view, unharmed and uncaring. It relaxed in front of the LDS church chapel at the gate of Dugway Proving Grounds in Skull Valley, Utah.

I had been shot by accident just a few hours earlier but fortunately not wounded. Yet here lay a big game animal with decent tasting meat free from any bullet. Where is the fairness in that? It was free from any adverse consequences of either hunters or crazy target practice shooters farther north up the highway.

Go figure. I mean why me and how come this pronghorn gets off so easy?

Well, at least I shot the beast with my camera.

LDS Lessons Learned in an LSD World:
The process of life and free agency means that some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

No comments: